President Joe Biden is getting major pushback after he used profanity to clap back at a question fired at him by Fox News White House correspondent Peter Doocy Monday afternoon.
At the end of an event as reporters were being ushered out of a room, Doocy attempted to get Biden to respond to a question about whether he believed rising inflation will impact his Democratic Party during the midterm elections in November.
“Do you think inflation is a political liability for midterms?” Doocy asked.
“It’s a great asset, more inflation,” Biden responded. “What a stupid son of a b**ch.”
In response, several people on social media pointed out that Biden, in addressing White House staff during a virtual meeting shortly after taking office, said, “I am not joking when I say this, if you are ever working with me and I hear you treat another colleague with disrespect… talk down to someone, I promise you I will fire you on the spot.”
WATCH: Joe Biden calls a reporter asking about inflation a “stupid son of a bitch.”
— RNC Research
Per The Daily Wire, some responses to Biden’s remark included:
- John Cardillo, political commentator: “Anger and lashing out are tell tale signs of dementia.”
- Kelley Paul, wife of Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY): “Inflation is affecting every single American and the President curses and personally insults a reporter for daring to ask about it.”
- Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX): “If inflation is hurting you or your family, Joe Biden thinks you’re ‘a stupid SOB,’ and he won’t hesitate to call you that to your face. Working families are being CRUSHED by this White House, and their ‘solution’ is to curse out ANYONE who questions them. Totally out of control!”
- Erick Erickson, radio host: “The reporter is laughing about Biden calling him a son of a b***. Reporters at other networks, if it happened to them, would be screaming about threats to democracy and how by God he’s a reporter and the First Amendment is under attack. Be like Peter Doocy, not Jim Acosta.”
- Rep. Carlos A. Gimenez (R-FL): “And supposedly the adults are back in the room. Give me a break.”
- Lisa Boothe, Fox News: “Joe Biden calling anyone stupid is rich. Biden’s an idiot, a terrible person, and the worst president we have ever had.”
- Rita Panahi, political commentator: “Loving the return to civility…”
- Matthew Kolken, attorney: “Remember when this was considered an attack on democracy?”
- House Judiciary GOP: “Strange how most D.C. journalists are silent about this, but would have lost their minds had President Trump done the same. Wonder why?”
- Jesse Lee Peterson, political commentator: “Biden is NOT mentally or morally FIT to be president.”
- Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the RNC: “We just had the worst December at the border in DHS history. Inflation is at 7%. The U.S. embassy in Ukraine has begun evacuating. But Heaven forbid you ask Joe Biden a question.”
- Bryan Dean Wright, political commentator: “Biden isn’t a nice old grandpa, folks. Never has been.”
- Jake Schneider, GOP Rapid Response: “If you are an American and you are concerned with the historic inflation crisis, Biden thinks you are a ‘stupid son of a b***.’”
Doocy himself also responded the president’s profane outburst.
“I couldn’t even hear him because people were shouting at us to get out,” Doocy said. “But somebody came up to me in the briefing room a few minutes later and said, ‘did you hear what the President said?’ And I said, ‘no, what?’ They said, ‘he called you a stupid SOB, and I said, ‘did he say SOB?’ And the person said, ‘no.’”
“So, Doocy, I think the president’s right, you are a stupid SOB,” Fox News host Jesse Watters joked.
“Yeah, nobody has fact-checked him yet and said it’s not true,” Doocy joked back.