The major media outlets appear to be doing what they can to ignore or downplay revelations in a court filing last week from special counsel John Durham that the 2016 Clinton campaign hired a firm to “infiltrate” servers at Trump Tower and then the White House in order to try and fabricate a ‘Russian collusion’ scandal.
According to Fox News, which first reported on Durham’s filing:
Durham filed a motion on Feb. 11 focused on potential conflicts of interest related to the representation of former Clinton campaign lawyer Michael Sussman, who has been charged with making a false statement to a federal agent. Sussman has pleaded not guilty.
The indictment against Sussman says he told then-FBI General Counsel James Baker in September 2016, less than two months before the 2016 presidential election, that he was not doing work “for any client” when he requested and held a meeting in which he presented “purported data and ‘white papers’ that allegedly demonstrated a covert communications channel” between the Trump Organization and Alfa Bank, which has ties to the Kremlin.
John Ratcliffe, former President Donald Trump’s last director of national intelligence, filled in more details in an appearance on Fox News Tuesday, adding that he expects more indictments to follow.
“What did John Brennan tell President Obama in the Oval Office in 2016?” anchor Bill Hemmer asked.
“He briefed President Obama and Vice President Biden and other members of the national security team about this specific intelligence that John Durham now has about a Hillary Clinton plan to falsely accuse and vilify Donald Trump with a scandal, and the discussion around that and whether or not it was good intelligence,” he said.
“And so everything that happened after that is one of the reasons that John Durham is investigating,” Ratcliffe said. “Those are the issues that John Durham is looking at and I think there will be many more.
“I would expect there to be quite a few more indictments because of that. There wasn’t a proper predicate to begin that investigation and John Durham has said that publicly already,” Ratcliffe noted.
But , none of these revelations have thus far merited much coverage from major media outlets known to be friendly to Democrats:
Despite all this, as of noon on Monday, Feb. 14 – three days after the story dropped – the vast majority of the Biden-friendly media had been largely silent on the whole affair.
However, what did become apparent through the searches was that the whole investigation by Durham has been subtly pooh-poohed from the beginning. In fact, it seems that the legacy media have been slowly poisoning the well regarding the investigation’s credibility for some time.
It was not until late Monday when White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre was questioned on the topic that cracks started to appear in the united wall of silence. …
After this brief altercation, cracks in the dam began to leak trickles of water. As of Tuesday, Feb. 15, some of the aforementioned outlets designed to run articles on the Durham documents. But yet again, the effort appeared designed to cast doubt on the investigation rather than illuminate the public.
Much as in the case of Hunter Biden’s laptop, the media have coordinated their efforts to keep the information out of the public eye or to dismiss it as right-wing propaganda. But as more people and agencies get pulled into the investigation, the omission becomes starker.