Former President Donald Trump is continuing to gain support in a key demographic according to a new survey that was published Tuesday, the same day a separate report claimed he flew aboard the late Jeffrey Epstein’s “Lolita Express” jetliner.
“Backing for Trump among Hispanics rose to 38% from the 34% of Latinos he captured in last year’s elections and the 26% he won in 2016,” Newsmax reported, citing a poll released by McLaughlin & Associates.
Newsmax noted further results from the survey?
- In the generic ballot (who would you vote for in your district), Republicans win 37% of Hispanics while Democrats capture 51%.
- The Latino vote appears to be in transition from Democrat to Republican. While only 26% of Hispanics said they were Republican (vs. 50% who said they were Democrats), those saying they would support Trump or Republicans was higher. In addition, 52% of Hispanics said they were “disappointed” in Biden. As negative views of Biden and the Democrats harden, they are likely to translate into vote gain in the near term and party identification gain later, according to the authors of the survey.
- By a 54% to 46% margin, Latinos agreed that “Democrats have come up with some radical and crazy ideas lately and I am coming to trust them less and less.” By the same margin, Latino voters agree that “Democrats are proposing some socialist ideas that remind me of the policies that have ruined Cuba, Venezuela, and sometimes even Mexico.”
- However, as an apparent obstacle to switching over to the GOP, 67% to 32% agreed that “Republicans are just out to protect rich and powerful people and not to help people like me,” with only 32% disagreeing with the statement.
- Despite this, the survey indicates that the trend toward Republicans is likely to increase among Latinos. This is because Biden’s negatives indicate that a good number of Hispanic votes for him come from people who hold him in low regard — 48% of Hispanics saying Biden is a weak leader, 43% saying he is not physically or mentally up to the job of being president, and 40% say he is a “puppet of the extreme left. He does whatever they want.” All three of these perceptions show negatives on Biden well above the 38% of the vote that Trump gets.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reported:
The pilot of Jeffrey Epstein’s pedophile private jet, the Lolita Express, has testified about former President Donald Trump being among passengers on some of his flights.
Pilot Larry Visoki made the claim under oath on Tuesday while testifying at the sex trafficking trial of Epstein’s right-hand woman, Ghislaine Maxwell.
He had been asked by prosecutors to describe his experience and he listed the famous passengers he’d flown, saying: ‘I certainly remember President Trump, but not many people associated with him.’
Other notables Visoki remembered seeing included Bill Clinton, the actor Kevin Spacey and the UK’s Prince Andrew.
“Trump and Epstein knew each other in the 1990s when they were both New York City playboys and successful entrepreneurs. It was previously reported that Trump had flown on Epstein’s plane from Palm Beach, where both had homes, to Newark, in 1997. Epstein is also said to have flown on one of Trump’s private planes,” the report continued, adding that Trump eventually broke off their ties.
“Their relationship soured when Epstein hit on a young girl at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Palm Beach club, in the early 2000s, before Epstein was convicted of soliciting child prostitution.