(USA Features) Former President Donald Trump ripped his successor for “indoctrinating America’s schoolchildren with some of the most toxic and anti-American theories ever conceived” in an op-ed for RealClearPolitics on Friday.
Trump wrote about what he says President Joe Biden seeks to do with the country’s schools and how his administration’s progressive agenda can be stopped.
The former president also wrote that the American left no longer focuses on saying that the country’s history is evil, but rather “telling Americans that they are evil.”
“In classrooms across the nation, students are being subjected to a new curriculum designed to brainwash them with the ridiculous left-wing dogma known as ‘critical race theory,'” Trump wrote.
“The key fact about this twisted doctrine is that it is completely antithetical to everything that normal Americans of any color would wish to teach their children,” he continued.
“Instead of helping young people discover that America is the greatest, most tolerant, and most generous nation in history, it teaches them that America is systemically evil and that the hearts of our people are full of hatred and malice,” the former president added.
Trump noted further that progressives have shifted away from “the beautiful dream of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. — that our children should ‘not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.'”
Instead, leftists are preaching that “judging people by the color of their skin is actually a good idea,” Trump wrote, outlining a seven-step plan to push back:
- Every state legislature should ban taxpayer dollars from going to any school district or workplace that teaches critical race theory.
- Each state should create its own 1776 Commission to examine the public school curriculum and ensure that students “are receiving a patriotic, pro-American education.”
- States should pass laws requiring that all lesson plans have to be made available to parents, and allow classes to be recorded by students and parents.
- Parents in every school district in the country need to organize to eliminate “Action Civics” and other versions of the effort to contort traditional civics education into a vehicle for political indoctrination.
- Any parent who objects to the material being taught to their child in public school should get an automatic voucher, empowering them to pick another school of their choice.
- States must “take back control of their schools of education and credentialing bodies” to ensure they are not producing radicalized teachers. They need to set up alternative credentialing bodies that can certify great teachers who “know how to instill a sense of love for America.”
- States must end the K-12 tenure monopoly, which protects ineffective teachers.
Trump went on to write that “this left-wing lunacy” must stop.
“To succeed with their extreme agenda, radicals know they must abolish our attachment to the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and most of all, Americans’ very identity as a free, proud, and self-governing people,” Trump wrote.
“The left knows that if they can dissolve our national memory and identity, they can gain the total political control they crave,” he continued.
“A nation is only as strong as its spirit. For our children, we must act before it is too late.”