Several Media Outlets Forced to Retract Claims About Giuliani’s Contact with FBI

(USA Features) A number of large media outlets have had to retract claims they made about the recent raid by the FBI on his New York City apartment last week as part of an ongoing investigation.

“An earlier version of this article misstated whether Rudolph W. Giuliani received a formal warning from the F.B.I. about Russian disinformation. Mr. Giuliani did not receive such a so-called defensive briefing,” The New York Times reported in a correction Saturday.

Media outlets including the Washington Post and NBC News, citing different sources, all claimed that Guiliani was given advance warning about Russian disinformation as well as the raid on his apartment in Manhattan.

But in fact, he had not received any such warnings.

The Wednesday raid is in connection to a probe as to whether Giuliani, once former President Donald Trump’s top lawyer, illegally lobbied his administration on behalf of Ukrainian officials.

The Post claimed that One America News Network and Giuliani were both warned about so-called Russian disinformation and was forced to issue a similar correction.




Free Pro-Trump Flags Are Back In Stock -- GET YOURS! Click here!

“An earlier version of this story, published Thursday, incorrectly reported that One America News was warned by the FBI that it was the target of a Russian influence operation,” the outlet wrote.

“That version also said the FBI had provided a similar warning to Rudolph W. Giuliani, which he has since disputed. This version has been corrected to remove assertions that OAN and Giuliani received the warnings,” it added.

An NBC News correction noted that a warning was written for Giuliani but was never sent to him.

The network went on to report that a second source “now says the briefing was only prepared for Giuliani and not delivered to him, in part over concerns it might complicate the criminal investigation of Giuliani. As a result, the premise and headline of the article below have been changed to reflect the corrected information.”

We're not censored on GETTR! Click to Follow!



“Where did the original false information come from? @MSNBC@CNN@nytimes I couldn’t quite hear your apology?” Giuliani wrote on Twitter in response.

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1388617714655240193

“The Washington Post and the NYT must reveal their sources who lied and targeted an American Citizen. #msnbc , #cnn forgot to mention the corrections today. #fakenews #badpeople,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.